The information provided below has been put together from FAQs regarding the custom case process. The process is designed to be as simple as possible for the customer.
In summary, there are 2 distinct options for how you'd like to measure the equipment:
1) Send the gear in
- You will send your gear in.
- Your gear will be checked in upon arrival to our facility.
- Detailed measurements will be taken of the gear.
- Test cuts will be performed to ensure maximum quality.
- We will return the gear in the safety of the new custom case.
This option guarantees that your gear fits correctly every time.
Organizing your gear
Please include this form with your shipment:
- If you are purchasing the gear new from a reseller, you may have that reseller send it directly to our facility, saving you the step of having to re-package it and send it to us.
- Please DO NOT ship us partial kits with missing accessories, as we will not be able to rent the required gear.
- We also do not “look up” measurements using any resources found online or from manufacturers.
- Use bubble wrap or an alternative padding solution when sending delicate items.
- If you do not have a sturdy box to ship your gear, we can supply you with a loaner case upon request.
You can use your preferred carrier for shipping such as Fedex and UPS.
Jason Case Corporation 4809 Hillsborough Road Durham NC 27705
If you’d prefer to use our Fedex shipping account to send in orders, click here to generate a Fedex shipping label.
We are not responsible for damage while in transit. Please check with your camera insurance company to review their coverage policy.
In rare instances we can arrange to have the gear dropped off in person, but this process comes with limited availability due to the inconvenience it presents for both the customer and our production team. We will also not be able to create a custom case “while you wait”. Typically our design and manufacturing process will take a period of 24 hours minimum.
2) Provide your own dimensions
Depending on your project, providing just the rough dimensions will be sufficient. When using this option, generally we are limited to cutting X x Y x Z pockets into the foam. Since we won’t have the gear available to us to measure and perform test cuts to verify the fit of the items, we will not provide any guarantee that your items will actually fit. We will rely entirely on the accuracy of your measurements. Specialty cuts involving more than just basic XYZ are “at your own risk”, its common for miscommunication to arise when providing such instructions. We are unable to provide advice on how to measure your equipment.
Minor modifications to existing cases can sometimes be done reliably without the need to send in gear. Please speak with a designer to determine if your project can be executed without sending in your gear. The success rate of this option tends to be low if the gear has any shape to it, or if you are looking for a good fit.
Please note that custom cases are non-refundable. Custom cases cannot be modified after they have been cut and assembled. A laser-cut process is employed and cutting items after the project is complete is generally not possible.